Once you become a Christian and have trusted that Jesus Christ is your saviour. We are ‘born again’, this is not a new physical birth but rather a spiritual one. We have a new spirit within us. However, just because we have a new spirit within us doesn’t mean that we are trained to live a godly life or immune to falling back into our old sinful lifestyles and thought patterns. A transformation of our minds is required.
Pro-active steps need to be taken to continue to live a successful Christian life. Ultimately it is the Holy Spirit who will guide us on our Christian journey but listed below are 12 steps that will help guide you:
Note the steps provided below has been sourced from – https://hardcorechristianity.com/deliverance/post-deliverance/
- Receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost and release your Gift of Tongues. It is not enough to believe in Jesus Christ and think that’s all you need to live a Christian life. To be baptised with the Holy Spirit is now to have that power within you to have faith in Jesus and hunger to know him and serve him. To release your Gift of Tongues is the ability every Christian has to speak in tongues( our spiritual language) . It is the conduit to the Gifts of the Spirit and the “dunamis” power of God. We see in the book of Acts 8:14-17.
2) Rid all traces of sin from your life.
Any negative attitudes, words, behaviours, hobbies, interests or recreations must be eliminated right away. If you go back into sin you may become sicker than you were before you were delivered.
2 Peter 2: 20-22 rings true of this:
3) Forgive and release negative emotions or thought for everyone who has ever hurt you. Forgive yourself of your past sins & failures.
4) Start attending a Spirit filled, full gospel church or home group. Find one that believes in the spirit world & understands the moving of the Holy Ghost & demons. You will need their prayers, support & experience. Non-full gospel denominations are usually powerless against spiritual warfare.
5) Please remove close relationships with carnal friends or relatives who lead you into doubt and sin. Satan can use close associates to wound your soul or distract your mind from the Word.
6) Attend Bible studies, worship services, church or in-home prayer meetings several times a week.
7). Delete any kind of demonic or fleshly recreation you previously enjoyed. Carnal TV shows, comedy clubs, bars & happy hours. Any recreation that distracts your affections and attention from the Lord is used by spirits and does not glorify God must take the train.
8). Delete your unsaved boyfriend, fiancée, girlfriend, live-in lover, friend with benefits and flee fornication. God has a wonderful life-mate picked out specifically for you. He will send them to you after you are spiritually mature & your inner healing and deliverance is complete.
9.) Read the Bible every day & pray in solitude daily in addition to your worship services & group Bible studies. Speak in tongues off & on all day long for self-edification & power (I Cor. 14). It must become second nature to you. Memorize a couple of Scriptures every month & quote them daily.
10). Start serving the Lord with your time and talents. You need to adopt a Holy Ghost lifestyle based on “Freely you have received, now freely give” and James 5:16.
11). Your old life was a breeding ground for sin & evil spirits. Your new life must be one of adoring worship of Jesus. Your body must become the Temple of the Holy Ghost & a shrine of holiness. The Son of God is not just a “buddy” or a “pal.” but, your Eternal Sovereign King and Divine Heavenly Father. They are to be addressed and treated with the utmost respect at all times.
12.) This is your initial Bible study. It will renew your life: (Rom. 8, 12:1-2, I Jn. 2:15-17, Eph. 6:11-18, II Cor. 7:1, Jn. 5:14, 8:11). You must learn spiritual warfare to maintain your healing, find your spiritual destiny & obtain God’s perfect will for your life. By His grace and your obedience, you will walk in the Spirit and not fulfil the lusts of your soul & body. Your new life of power and joy starts NOW! You have been called by God to fulfil your specific purpose in life. Your destiny is calling you. The Gifts of the Spirit are now within your reach (I Cor. 12). Seek diligently the ones the Spirit wants you to have. The most important Gift is to be your strongest one (I Cor. 13).